The U.S. Zero Waste Business Council is proud to have a long relationship with USGBC and the green building industry, both locally and nationally. For more than four years, USZWBC and USGBC have collaborated on sharing industry specialists, speakers and expertise to advance zero waste, especially on fine-tuning credits that enhance certification programs at both organizations. Together, USZWBC and USGBC strive to create a zero waste economy for all.
When: Wed., June 1–Sat., June 4
Where: Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol, Austin, TX
This June, USZWBC is offering an opportunity for the USGBC network to go above and beyond with zero waste at the annual USZWBC National Zero Waste Business Conference, “Tuning into Zero Waste,” June 1–4 at the Sheraton Austin Hotel. This 5th anniversary conference is conducted by USZWBC in partnership with local host Austin Resource Recovery as a venue for professionals from all sectors (private, public, nonprofit, academia) to expand their zero waste knowledge.
The conference will provide educational resources, networking opportunities and professional training for facilities to begin (or fine-tune) their efforts to pursue zero waste. It will also provide sessions led by experts on zero waste-related topics such as operations, economics, policies and certification. This includes an exciting agenda with presentations by industry leaders including John Bradburn of General Motors, Marialyce Pedersen of the Walt Disney Company, Dana Gunders of NRDC, Kathy Loftus of Whole Foods Market, Ana Wyssmann of JLL, Cheri Chastain of Sierra Nevada Brewing Company and many more.
The conference also features workshops and courses ranging from just getting started on zero waste to taking waste diversion to the next level. This includes an introductory Zero Waste 101 workshop, a workshop for colleges and universities and a training course for those interested in gaining accreditation by USZWBC as a certified zero waste facility or as a Zero Waste Business Associate.
- Learn about the latest best practices in zero waste.
- Network with the nation’s leading businesses that have already achieved zero waste.
- Meet vendors who can provide the latest equipment and services to get to zero waste.
- Tour local facilities striving for zero waste, including Samsung, X-Games at the Circuit of the Americas, University of Texas and local composter Organics by Gosh.
- Find out how to get a facility certified as zero waste.
- Find out how to get certified as a Zero Waste Business Associate.
Who Should Attend?
- Sustainability managers and facility managers looking to cut costs through greener practices
- Managers of small and mid-sized businesses looking to improve waste reduction practices
- State and local government employees who work in the waste reduction/zero waste field
- Environmental consulting firms that want to learn about the latest zero waste tools, resources and certifications
No matter where you are on your zero waste journey, the conference will provide educational resources and tools to drive your efforts. Each year, the event grows larger as the value of attending this conference is shared. Stay tuned to the “zero waste station” via www.uszwbc.org for more information, including professional training, conference program, tours and sponsorship opportunities. Early bird rates end April 30, so register today to secure your place.
Special offer for USGBC network: Enter the code “nzwbc16usgbc” during registration, and a set of 20-percent-off discounted rates will appear.
For a preview of the conference, please visit Media Partner Elemental Impact’s Zero Waste in ACTION blog.