Now through Dec. 18, get $50 off the TRUE Advisor course and exam. Join a global community of nearly 700 TRUE Advisors who are helping companies and businesses around the world take steps toward zero waste.
Get started on your TRUE Advisor professional certificate by registering using promo code "TRUEADVISOR50." The course and exam must be completed within 90 days of registering. Discounted pricing is $300 for USGBC members and $400 for nonmembers. Upon successfully completing the exam, Advisors will also earn 7.5 continuing education (CE) hours.
What is a TRUE Advisor?
TRUE Advisors are zero waste professionals trained on the TRUE Zero Waste rating system. This offers them the ability to help facilities, organizations and communities reduce their ecological footprint, support public health and ecosystems and advance more sustainable economies. TRUE Advisors understand the requirements of the rating system and help projects achieve TRUE certification and meet their zero waste goals.
Why become a TRUE Advisor?
As a TRUE Advisor, you’ll be the resident expert at your company or organization in supporting and implementing zero waste programs and leading facilities through the TRUE certification process. This professional certificate differentiates you from the market in three key ways:
- It showcases your commitment to reducing waste and preserving and improving the environment.
- It indicates that you possess the knowledge necessary to divert and document unnecessary waste from landfills, incineration (waste-to-energy) and the environment.
- It highlights your ability to assist others in achieving zero waste operations.
Who should become a TRUE Advisor?
There are no eligibility requirements for becoming a TRUE Advisor, but there is particular demand for Advisors in these key fields:
- Sustainability professionals at companies who are interested in implementing zero waste strategies, achieving zero waste goals and who want to pursue TRUE certification
- Practitioners in related industries, such as LEED APs and LEED Green Associates, waste consultants, property managers, facility managers, sustainability managers and business owners
- Emerging professionals and students who enter the market and help train their future employers on how to implement and achieve zero waste
- Service providers: Waste, recycling and composting companies; food service providers; waste tracking and billing management companies; packaging providers
- Purchasing agents, human resource and accounting/management professionals