Join USGBC Orange County on June 26 to learn how you can get started with zero waste certification. The workshop will cover the importance of measuring what is wasted and tracking reuse, recycling and composting programs. Attendees will also learn how to plan for more waste diversion and how businesses have decreased waste bills dramatically by diverting over 90 percent from landfills, incineration and the environment.
Zero Waste 101 Workshop: Going Beyond Recycling to Certification—USGBC Orange County
When: Mon., June 26, 1–4 pm PDT
Where: LPA, 5161 California Avenue, Irvine, California
Cost: $45 USGBC members, $60 nonmembers
This introductory workshop is appropriate for both small and large businesses and provides the basics for businesses that are just starting their recycling program and want to take it to the next level.
At his workshop, you will learn how to
- Cut trash costs and generate more recycling revenues.
- Go zero waste without breaking the bank.
- Kick-start your zero waste program.
- Become a zero waste-certified business.
- Understand and exceed new state mandates (AB341, AB1826).