Recently GBCI announced the official launch of TRUE (Total Resource Use and Efficiency), the new brand identity for its zero waste rating system. The TRUE Zero Waste Rating System helps organizations and facilities to achieve their zero waste goals through project certification and professional credentialing.
With TRUE, you can demonstrate to the world what you’re doing to minimize your waste output. A TRUE project’s goal is to divert all solid waste from the landfill, incineration (waste-to-energy) and the environment. The certification program provides a better approach to resource use and facility operations. Unlike some environmental programs, which can require big financial investments, TRUE implementation can be as simple as transforming trash bins into recycling bins and fostering a zero waste culture.
Ready to get started on your zero waste journey? TRUE and zero waste strategies will be featured throughout this year’s Greenbuild International Conference and Expo in Boston.
To help you plan your days, we’ve listed some of the offerings focused on TRUE and zero waste.
Visit the Zero Waste zone on the expo floor. Vendors will be showcasing the newest tools to expedite your zero waste journey. Also, don’t forget to stop by the GBCI booth and Certification Work Zone on the expo floor. Subject matter experts will be on hand for technical help. You can get your questions about TRUE and the TRUE Advisor professional certificate answered, or get help with registering a project.
- Striving for Zero Waste at Colleges and Universities (Mon., November 6, 8 a.m.–4 p.m.): This pre-conference workshop will highlight industry best practices from different institutions across the U.S. Following the workshop, attendees will be treated to a walking tour of zero waste practices at Harvard University.
- TRUE Advisor Zero Waste Certificate Program (Tues., November 8, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.): Attend this training to be recognized as a verified expert on zero waste certification and earn your TRUE Advisor professional certificate. TRUE Advisors help projects participating in TRUE Zero Waste certification.
- Zero Waste Planning for Universities and Business (Thurs. November 9, 1–2:30 p.m.): Learn how universities and businesses are achieving zero waste. Explore different approaches taken in zero waste planning and how you can implement TRUE Zero Waste to evaluate your current operations and certify your facility.
Also check out:
- Food: On the Table and out of the Trash
- The Sustainable Trifecta: Net Zero Energy, Water and Waste
- The Built Environment Transformed: Circular Models in Action