Bronco Wine Company was established in 1973 by the Fred, John and Joseph Franzia families who from their first crush have been active in the reuse and recycling of all grape and grape processing byproducts. With the company’s growth and expansion into bottling, sales and distribution they have progressively increased their efforts in reducing their impact on the environment by refining their recycling programs to include all conceivable materials into the recycling stream. Through the principles of reduction, reuse and recycling, BWC earned its TRUE Zero Waste certification in September of 2015. Bronco has also reduced their annual landfill tonnage by 50% over the past fifteen years while maintaining a landfill diversion rate of 99.7% and above since their 2015 certification.
Items attributed to Bronco’s Zero Waste success:
- Continual training of recycling methods and establishing a recycling culture that employee’s embrace.
- Solicitation for suggestions in program improvement encouraging recycling engagement from all participants
- Selecting partners in their supply chain with like goals
- Persistent exploration for avenues in the recycling of non-common items
- Providing receptacles for all recyclable materials in offices, break areas and production floors
- Absolute support and commitment from ownership
- Constantly raising the bar for companywide recycling performance
In the spirit of giving back, a portion of Bronco’s yearly recycling revenue is used to purchase gifts for the United States Marine Corps Toys for Tots program.