Learn more about TRUE & zero waste
- May 21, 2019
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm EST
The U.S. recycling markets are suffering due to a recent policy shift by China and you might already be feeling some of the impacts in your school system. But what should you really be prepared for and how can you be an advocate for maintaining, and even expanding, your existing recycling programs?
In this webinar, Stephanie Barger from the TRUE Zero Waste program will provide us with an update on the state of the recycling industry – what’s really happening and what should school districts anticipate in the next year. We will also hear lessons learned from Fairfax County Public Schools who recently updated their single stream program and educational materials to meet new hauler requirements. And lastly, attendees will hear about ways some communities across the country are actually expanding programming to include carton recycling, and how your district can take advantage of the Carton Council’s funding and advocacy resources to do so.
- Stephanie Barger: Director, Market Transformation & Development, TRUE Zero Waste Program
- Barbara Heineken: Consultant, The Carton Council
- Donna Volkmann: PreK-12 Resource Teacher, Environmental Stewardship, Fairfax County Public Schools
This webinar is made possible thanks to support from the Carton Council.
- May 30, 2019
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Join us on Thursday, May 30, as Daniel Leskovec with Walgreens and USGBC's Stephanie Barger with the TRUE Zero Waste program, in conjunction with the RILA Retail Compliance Center, discuss current actions that retailers are taking to tackle zero waste goals.
- June 4, 2019
- 8:15 am - 9:30 am
- CBRE Hong Kong, 3rd Floor, Three Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong
Join us and learn how your business or institution can advance its solid waste and recycling goals with fiscally responsible strategies. GBCI's TRUE Zero Waste certification, a rigorous new standard, moves beyond others by focusing on how we operate our businesses, factories and institutions.
Stephanie Barger, USGBC Director of Market Transformation, will provide a comprehensive overview of the TRUE process and her pioneering work in the world of zero waste. Case studies from early adopters of TRUE, including China projects, will be highlighted. These projects showcase how thoughtful waste management systems are protecting the environment and the bottom line.
The event is free to attend. Please note breakfast will also be served. RSVP is mandatory.
- June 17, 2019
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Greenbuild Mexico; Mexico City, Mexico; Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Learn how you can drive increased efficiency and savings through the TRUE Zero Waste certification program. TRUE enables facilities to achieve their zero waste goals, cut their carbon footprint and support public health.
TRUE certified spaces are environmentally responsible, more resource efficient and help turn waste into savings and additional income streams. By closing the loop, they cut greenhouse gases, manage risk, reduce litter and pollution, reinvest resources locally, create jobs and add more value.
Workshop attendees will be able to:
- Define the TRUE Zero Waste Rating System and its key components
- Identify tools and information for defining metrics and creating a diversion tracking and reporting system
- Describe the process for stakeholder engagement: from employees to customers to service providers and how it increases diversion and savings
- Understand zero waste hierarchy and importance of higher R’s (recycle, reuse, reuse) and the significant savings of implementing reduction and reuse policies