Learn more about TRUE and zero waste
- September 12, 2019
- 9:00 am - 6:30 pm EST
Join us at Build it Better in Jersey City, NJ on September 12th featuring TRUE panelist Vance Merolla, Director, Global Sustainability, Colgate-Palmolive Company and Casey Mahalick, Senior Technical Associate, Environmental Sustainability, Colgate-Palmolive.
- September 25, 2019
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
Join Illinois Green and GBCI for a workshop diving into TRUE Zero Waste on September 25 - Day 2 of the Drawdown Illinois Summit!
Are you throwing away your bottom line? The TRUE (Total Resource Use and Efficiency) Zero Waste certification program digs deep into your company's waste streams to turn them into valuable resources. This dynamic and interactive workshop will provide you with the tools to design and implement your zero waste plan. A variety of companies will present their success strategies including employee engagement, zero waste purchasing and going beyond recycling. Learn how to maximize your “resources” through hauler contracts, rightsizing and understanding commodity markets.
- Instructor: Susie Westrup, Director, TRUE Zero Waste
- Continuing Education: Self-report 3.5 continuing education hours toward maintaining your LEED professional credential.
- October 3, 2019
Join TRUE at Net Zero in Los Angeles, CA on Thursday, October 3rd, featuring presentations by zero waste specialists:
- Ryan McMullan: Principal, Lean Green Way
- Marialyce Pedersen: Senior Policy Analyst, Disney
- Mike Carey: Environmental and Sustainability Coordinator, Orange Coast College
- October 15, 2019
- 1:00 pm EST
Hazardous waste is an important, but sometimes confusing part of the zero waste journey. The TRUE rating system encourages projects to look at their hazardous waste streams and take measurable actions to not only reduce hazardous material usage, but to have policies in place that ensure these materials are handled and stored with the utmost care and diligence. TRUE addresses universal waste from source-point collection to workplace disposal for employees. Projects are asked to always find the highest and best use for hard to dispose of materials. This webinar will take a deep dive into understanding the definitions of hazardous and universal waste, understanding how they are classified and why they are toxic, and how to examine opportunities for reduction of such materials within your facility. Our expert speakers on this webinar have had extended experience working with hazardous and universal waste in zero waste facilities. They will share their best practices for real life experiences dealing with these unique waste materials. Join us to learn more about how to transform hazardous waste into zero waste at your facility!
- Understand the Hazardous Waste Credits in the TRUE Zero Waste rating system
- Understand the definitions of hazardous waste and universal waste and how they are different
- Learn more about reducing use of toxic materials at your facility
- Gain insight into hazardous waste management through success stories at zero waste facilities
Moderator: Celeste McMickle, Director Client Solutions – TRUE
- Brian Balukonis, Zero Waste Transformational Specialist
- Mary Strzempko, Manager, Environmental Programs Raytheon
- Pam Eliason, Senior Associate Director, TURI (Toxic Use Reduction Program)