Rethink the resource life cycle
TRUE is a whole systems approach aimed at changing how materials flow through society, resulting in no waste. TRUE encourages the adoption of sustainable resource management and waste reduction practices which contribute to positive environmental, health and economic outcomes. TRUE supports the redesign of resource life cycles so that all products are reused. TRUE promotes processes that consider the entire lifecycle of products used within a facility. With TRUE, your facility can demonstrate to the world what you’re doing to minimize your waste output.
A better approach to resource use and facility operations
TRUE does not require big financial investments. TRUE implementation can be as simple as transforming trash bins into recycling bins and fostering a zero waste culture.
Support public health & ecosystems
With TRUE, you support systems that encourage material reuse and recycling. TRUE is your tool to help eliminate pollution — in our air, water and land — which threaten public health and ecosystems.
Cut your ecological footprint
By participating in TRUE certification, facilities commit to reducing materials, using recycled and more benign materials, longer product lives, reparability and ease of disassembly at end of life.
Advance a green economy
TRUE promotes positive forces for environmental and economic sustainability in the built environment by protecting the environment, reducing costs and producing jobs throughout our economy.
Save on operational costs with TRUE
TRUE certified spaces are environmentally responsible, more resource efficient and help turn waste into savings and additional income streams. By closing the loop, they cut greenhouse gases, manage risk, reduce litter and pollution, reinvest resources locally, create jobs and add more value for their company and community.
Be recognized as a zero waste professional
TRUE Advisors are professionals who are trained on the TRUE Rating System. TRUE Advisors understand the requirements of the rating system, help projects achieve TRUE certification and are committed to advancing zero waste values and policies. As a TRUE Advisor, you’ll be the resident expert at your company in supporting and implementing zero waste programs and leading facilities through the certification process.
Zero waste is our mission
The TRUE certification program helps facilities quantify their performance and find additional ways to improve their progress toward zero waste.
Director, Market Transformation & Development
Director, Client Solutions
Director, Client Solutions
Certification Program Manager
GBCI Program Associate
TRUE Advisory Council
The TRUE Advisory Council provides industry leadership and experience.
- Chair: Sue Beets-Atkinson; Global VP, Sustainability, SBM Management LP
- Nadereh Afsharmanesh; VP of Sustainability and Education, ECOS
- Denise Braun; CEO, All About Waste
- Helene Carpentier; Head of Circular Economy and Zero Waste, CBRE
- Anna Dengler; Senior Sustainability Advisor, Great Forest
- Jordan Fengel; Sustainability Manager, US and Canada, Tetra Pak
- Casey Mahalick; Senior Technical Associate–Environmental Sustainability, Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Stefan Moedritzer; Waste and Circularity Program Manager, Google
- Ayodeji Oluwalana; Waste Reduction and Recycling Program Manager, Penn State University
- Marialyce Pederson; Consultant, Secretary of NRC Board of Directors, National Recycling Coalition
- Rachel Weisslitz; Associate Director of Environmental Sustainability, Merck and Co., Inc.