A new milestone unlocked: GreenA Consultants takes a shine to Silver achievement! Access the GreenA Consultants Headquarters case study for more details.
In an exciting stride forward, GreenA Consultants and their very own TRUE Advisor, Lena Toh, are thrilled to announce their successful achievement of TRUE Silver certification for their Headquarters Office. This marks a pioneering achievement as the first project in Singapore to earn TRUE Certification. Total Resource Use and Efficiency (TRUE), administered by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) is a whole systems approach aimed at tackling and reducing material use through organizations and facilities; with an aim to minimize total waste sent to landfill, incineration, and the environment.
The entire office was reviewed, and there were two main points where waste accumulates: Desk Bins and Pantry Bins. Most of the waste was tissues and snack packaging. To reduce the amount of unrecyclable plastic waste, the company has adopted a goal to reduce single-use unrecyclable plastic packaging by first getting them in refillable snack receptacles. Coffee and tea for the pantry are also ordered in bulk packets instead of individual sachets.
Here’s a glimpse of the remarkable initiative that has sprouted within GreenA Consultants’ Headquarters Office:
• Establishing an E-Waste Repository to gather electronic discards from colleagues.
• Introducing the Exchange Bin, fostering an internal swap system for well-preserved items among coworkers.
• Opting for bulk purchases/refillable snacks in the pantry to reduce single-use snack packaging
• Prioritizing laptop repairs before disposal, and embracing refurbished models before brand-new acquisitions. This greatly reduced waste and helped the circularity of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) gadgets!
• Repurposing used coffee grounds into invigorating scrubs and redistributing them for internal use, getting everyone aboard the Zero Waste movement.
In the mission towards Zero Waste, rallying stakeholders to understand and get on board is important, as behavioral changes take time. As Singapore strides towards her national goal of reducing waste to landfill by 30% by 2030, GreenA Consultants stand proud to contribute to both global and local waste ambitions and are more than excited to extend a helping hand to others seeking the same path.
"When advocating for a purpose you may be distanced by those who do not believe, but you will also attract those who have the same vision as you," says Lena Toh, TRUE Advisor and Business Sustainability Analyst at GreenA Consultants. "Stay TRUE to your core."