Riverside Natural Foods makes a difference by creating healthy, allergy-friendly snacks consumers are proud to eat. Riverside Natural Foods researches, creates, manufactures, markets and sells industry-leading and innovative food products. The company strives to be the hub for continuous innovation, creativity in healthy snacking and sustainability. Choosing to pursue TRUE Zero Waste certification was just another step in Riverside Natural Foods’ continuous innovation to ensure we are not only creating healthy, allergy-friendly snacks consumers are proud to eat, but are also keeping the environment in mind at all levels of manufacturing. And in 2018, Riverside Natural Foods achieved TRUE Silver certification.
Riverside Natural Foods integrated many zero waste strategies and policies to achieve TRUE Silver, including:
- Assessing the amount of waste the company sends to landfill
- Developing a more robust recycling program
- Increasing awareness of zero waste principles with employees at all levels of the organization
- Setting goals to reduce the company’s overall impact
- Encouraging suppliers and partners to embrace zero waste principles
- Committing to continuous improvement year-after-year to continuously divert the company’s waste from landfill.
Riverside Natural Foods had already been recycling for several years; however, improving the program has followed the company’s goal to ensure the happiness of our people and the health of the planet. These factors go into every decision we make and are valued as much as profit.
The biggest benefit of achieving TRUE certification for Riverside Natural Foods is knowing that they are doing everything they can as a company to reduce the amount of waste going to landfills. Riverside Natural Foods works hard to ensure all employees follow their zero waste principles not only while at Riverside Natural Foods, but also that they carry these practices home with them and continue to educate their families and friends. Knowing that they can be part of this change is important to ensure a healthy plant for our future generations.