Hello zero waste and circular economy enthusiasts! GBCI has an exciting opportunity to invite new members to join the TRUE Advisory Council.
GBCI is seeking innovative sustainability professionals and experts in the materials management and circular economy sector to play a key role in the evolution of the TRUE Certification Program for Zero Waste.
The TRUE Advisory Council supports the TRUE program in the following ways:
- Supports the evolution of the TRUE Rating System and related tools/resources, providing feedback and review on addenda, innovations and guidance resources
- Supports program strategy and advocates for TRUE in the market through speaking engagements, publications/articles, advocacy and outreach
- Identifies, develops and solidifies relationships with external organizations and partners
- Helps elevate the importance of effective zero waste strategies within the global sustainability movement.
The application period will close on February 5, 2022
Who should apply?
Ideal candidates are familiar with TRUE Certification for Zero Waste and have experience and interest in materials management and the circular economy. TRUE Advisor credential holders and USGBC Member employees are preferred. We are seeking talented professionals who can commit to regular scheduled calls and offline review and comments on technical rating system language (up to 2–3 hours per month).
Each volunteer position will be for either a one-year or two-year term beginning in March 2022 Volunteers are eligible to serve a maximum of six consecutive years total on the TRUE Advisory Council.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply here.
- January 5, 2022: Application Period Opens
- February 4, 2022: Application Period Closes
- March 2022: Applicants notified
- March 2022 through February 2023 or 2024: First term for new TAC volunteers