Save on operational costs with TRUE
TRUE certified spaces are environmentally responsible, more resource efficient and help turn waste into savings and additional income streams. By closing the loop, they cut greenhouse gases, manage risk, reduce litter and pollution, reinvest resources locally, create jobs and add more value for their company and community.
How TRUE works
- Company or project seeking certification has a zero waste policy in place
- Project has achieved an average of 90 percent or greater overall diversion from landfill, incineration (waste-to-energy) and the environment for solid, non-hazardous wastes for the most recent 12 months. Diverted materials are reduced, reused, recycled, composted and/or recovered for productive use in nature or the economy
- Project meets all federal, state/provincial, and local solid waste and recycling laws and regulations. Project complies with all air, water and land discharge permits required for collection, handling or processing of materials.
- Project has data documenting a base year of waste diversion, and measurements since the base year that adjust for changes in size, type and nature of business
- Project submits 12 months of waste diversion data to GBCI annually to keep the certification current
- Project does not exceed a 10 percent contamination level for any materials that leave the site
- Company submits a case study of zero waste initiatives to be published on this website
Guide to Certification
Explore our TRUE project directory